Did you know guava is a powerhouse of nutrients, which contains four times more vitamin C than oranges!
The tropical fruit consists of 81 percent water and it helps in hydrating our skin. Since the fruit is low in calorie and fat content, it is an amazing weight reducer.
- Since guava contains lycopene pigment and antioxidants that help in neutralizing the free radical produced in the body, it can be used as an effective anti aging product. Free radicals affects the healthy tissues and cells and can lead to formation of wrinkles. Lycopene has the ability to defend the skin against harmful UV radiations thus acting as a mild sunscreen.
- Guava as well as its leaves are an excellent solution to skin problems. A smooth paste of guava leaves applied to face for 15 minutes every day is an effective remedy for healing acne and related itchiness. Beauty expert recommends an effective home made guava-leaf scrub for the treatment of blackheads. Take a handful of leaves and a slice of guava and mash them up well. Mix this paste with an egg yolk. Then apply on face and neck. Rinse with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes. Repeat it twice a week as it is effective in removing dead cells, skin discoloration and dark circles.
- Next time you get a sore tooth, just consume some guava leaves. It works because these leaves are potent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial substance. Applying a smooth paste of guava leaves can cure swollen gums and oral ulcers too.
- Guava, rich with vitamin C and other nutrients, can work wonders on your hair. Massaging your scalp using boiled water of guava leaves regularly, strengthens the hair and reduces hair fall.
- Being a natural laxative, the green fruit has a rich fiber content and helps in healthier bowel movements and a guava a day keeps constipation perils away.
- The low glycemic index of this fruit helps in lowering the triglyceride level and bad cholesterol (LDL), and thus, its consumption helps in prevention of diabetics.
- Guava juice or decoction of its leaves help in combating cold and viral infections. It also aids in weight loss.
- Since guava is rich in potassium, it regulates blood pressure and maintains healthy bones.
- Guava acts as a natural stress buster and helps in attaining a healthy mind. The magnesium in the fruit relaxes the muscles and nerves, and the vitamins such as B3 and B6, aids in regulating proper blood flow.
- With high content of vitamins C and A, guava provides good vision health and is a perfect substitute for carrots. It slows down the process of macular degeneration and cataracts.